Log Files and What Data We Gather
Like many other web sites, www.openc.co.uk makes use of log files. These files merely log visitors to the site – usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. We may also gather Contact information, including your Name and Email Address, as supplied by you on our Contact page, together with other information which is relevant to your enquiry. Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
• For our own internal records.
• To improve the products and services we provide.
• To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
• To customise the website for you.
• To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
• To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
• Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
• Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
• Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
• To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. www.openc.co.uk does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that www.openc.co.uk has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 16, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Links from Our Site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside our domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection or its privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.